Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Assessment
NYCON, and our affiliate Governance Matters, is pleased to partner with the Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA) to provide an online self-assessment tool related to diversity, equity, and inclusion practices. This assessment tool was developed and piloted by MNA with input from experts and practitioners in the field. Please note that the assessment results and recommendations will come directly from MNA. If you are in need of additional support, including advice and consultation, NYCON’s staff and team of experts can help you determine how best to proceed.
We believe that it is imperative that our state’s nonprofits, to the best of their knowledge, resources and capability, strive to reflect the values of diversity, inclusion and equity in their governance and operations. This self-assessment tool gets your nonprofit started on this journey by providing you with detailed analysis as to your current status in this regard along with helpful recommendations to guide future progress. In addition to the findings report and recommendation, you will receive an assessment score that provides an overall rating or general indication of your nonprofit’s current status.
The tool surveys both board members and staff. When reviewing the results and interpretations, please keep in mind that this topic is very complex, evolving, and that nonprofits will move back and forth along a continuum of best practices. For this reason, we offer you the opportunity to review your results and consult with one with of our team of experts.
It is easy to start today – just click the “Purchase Now” button to proceed. If your nonprofit is a member of NYCON, follow the instructions below to receive a 50% discount. Please note that additional discounts may be available.
Also, we will be aggregating the responses of all nonprofits participants on a statewide, as well as regional basis. Therefore, we ask that you select the region(s) that your nonprofit has employees located in. The regions are those defined as Regional Economic Development Councils by the State of New York.
- Western New York: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Niagara
- Finger Lakes: Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, Yates
- Southern Tier: Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Delaware, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins
- Central New York: Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, Onondaga, Oswego
- Mohawk Valley: Fulton, Herkimer, Montgomery, Oneida, Otsego, Schoharie
- North Country: Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence
- Capital Region: Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Warren, Washington
- Mid-Hudson: Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster, Westchester
- New York City: Bronx, Kings, New York, Queens, Richmond
- Long Island: Nassau, Suffolk
Let’s Get Started!
Involve your board of directors and/or staff to determine their perceptions of nonprofit’s commitment and progress with diversity, inclusion and equity best practices.
You will receive:
- Aggregate score and description (based on your full board and/or staff responses)
- Custom report including detailed analysis of responses to each assessment question
- Recommendations for best practices in each category of the assessment
- Glossary of common terms related to diversity, inclusion and equity
- Diversity, inclusion and equity action plan template
- Sample statement on diversity, inclusion and equity
- Listing of additional resources
NYCON Member – $500
Non-member – $1,000*
*Save money by becoming a NYCON member. Choose “Join NYCON today” in the member drop-down box during the purchase process. Click here for more information on membership.
Click the “Purchase Now” button below to proceed. NYCON Members: email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your 50% OFF Discount Code
REFUND POLICY: Once a transaction is final, event registration fees, product purchases, membership, or other fees paid for Michigan Nonprofit Association programs and services are non-refundable. Emergencies may warrant special accommodations (such as registration transfer or reservation for a future event.)
Custom Consulting Follow-up Services
We have qualified consultants who can advise and work with you regarding the interpretation of your assessment results and developing plans for improvement.
How this works:
- Contact NYCON via email to purchase two and a half hours of follow-up consulting assistance and forward your assessment results or call 800-515-5012, x 126.
- NYCON will follow-up with you within seven days for a half hour of consultation to clarify your interests and what assistance you may need.
- You will then be connected to a DEI consultant who will provide consultation to you via phone and email. The consultation will total two hours and includes time to review your results.
- If you are interested in further customized consulting assistance, including establishing or implementing a prioritized action plan, let your consultant know or contact NYCON directly, and we will provide you with a proposal that meets your needs.
NYCON Member – $375
Non-member – $575
If you wish to purchase consulting services at this time, please reach out to email@example.com. You will need your confirmation number from the original purchase. If you need this re-sent or have other questions, contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.